Why Join LIEM?
Libraries and Information East Midlands is a strategic body, membership of which offers an opportunity to influence the developing agenda for the library and information domain and the wider cultural sector, both regionally and nationally.
The organisation is not concerned primarily with service provision, but does offer a number of benefits for member organisations, including:
- advocacy for library and information services both across the region and at national level
- links to national initiatives and developments
- provision of a regular programme of regional (and where appropriate cross-sectoral) training opportunities based on identified needs, with a discounted price for staff from member organisations
- information for members on a range of topics and current professional developments
- networking and sharing good practice through facilitated meetings of colleagues with a common interest
- the provision of an accredited leadership training programme for middle managers
- collaboration between agencies in the archive and museum sectors to encourage partnership working
- shared promotion of resources and special collections through Inspire
- a discount on the price of a user licence for the UnityUK service
- partnership working with other agencies to provide training and support for interlending;
- a free location finding service for requested items, using UnityUK, for libraries which undertake only limited interlending activity;
- support for the regional framework agreement on transport of requested items between libraries
- collation, analysis and publication of statistics relating to interlending.