Building Partnerships for the Future
A one-day workshop was held at the Postgraduate Medical Centre, at University Hospital, Nottingham on Friday 16th June 2006.
Twenty-nine participants from Public libraries, Health sector libraries and other sectors including Higher Education, MLA East Midlands and Libraries and Information East Midlands.
The aim of the day was to develop new contacts and renew existing contacts, to share good practice, promote commitment to future partnership working and encourage health libraries to sign up to Inspire.
- Sally Curry, National Partnerships Manager for Inspire
- Dr Graham Walton, Janet Harrison and Suzanne Lockyer (Partnership working in the North East)
- Des Conway and Malcolm Lewis (Promoting health through libraries in Nottingham)
- Trisha Hill and Priscilla Baily (Books on Prescription in Derbyshire and reader development initiatives for health service users)
Copies of the speaker presentations can be found below in PowerPoint format; please note this is a large file - if you have difficulty opening it contact the for a printed copy.
The afternoon workshops explored:
- what contribution libraries can make to the health and well-being agenda, and
- existing partnerships and issues around the development and sustainability of new partnerships
Participant evaluations were very positive in relation to the relevance of theevent, the quality of the speakers, the afternoon workshop discussions and the opportunities for networking. Many of the respondents highlighted ideas and plans for the future as a result of the event and it is clear there is strong potential for the sectors to work together in the future.
The newly launched Health Library and Information Services Directory provides valuable information about health libraries across the UK, giving key contacts, opening times, access policies and details of resources and special collections.
Another useful source of information about the NHS can be found at www.nhs.uk
Nottingham Health Information (Jun 2006) Powerpoint 3Mb
NEMLAC Health Powerpoint 77Kb
Inspire - Building Partnerships Powerpoint 1Mb
Books on Prescription in Derbyshire - Seminar Powerpoint 34Kb