Training and development
Training and Development Steering Group
The remit of LIEM's cross-sectoral Training and Development Group is to:
- act as a steering group for the provision of cross-sectoral libraries training and development opportunities
- assess the training and development needs of staff in LIEM member organisations that might be met by the provision of regional training events and activities.
- map current opportunities for cross-sectoral training and identify relevant providers including in-house trainers.
- establish a dialogue with LIEM non-member organisations to assess their training interests and priorities.
- provide a regular programme of regional (and where appropriate cross-sectoral) training opportunities based on identified needs.
The steering group identified and agreed a number of priorities for cross-sectoral training for 2015/16 including: Copyright and the digital age; Teaching Skills for Library Staff; Presentation skills, and Improving Communication.
In addition, LIEM's highly acclaimed leadership programme 'Motivate, Learn, Lead' has been delivered again in 2015/16 and the 2016/2017 course has just started.
Training Group members:
NERC Library Service, BGS Environmental Science Centre, Keyworth, Nottingham.
LIEM Training Co-ordinator
University of Northampton
Leicester City Council
Richard Marriott (Chair)
NHS Midlands and East
Leicestershire County Council
Derbyshire County Council