Training and development
Training and Development Steering Group
The remit of LIEM's cross-sectoral Training and Development Strategic Group is to:
- act as a steering group for the provision of cross-sectoral libraries training and development opportunities
- assess the training and development needs of staff in LIEM member organisations that might be met by the provision of regional training events and activities.
- map current opportunities for cross-sectoral training and identify relevant providers including in-house trainers.
- establish a dialogue with LIEM non-member organisations to assess their training interests and priorities.
- provide a regular programme of regional (and where appropriate cross-sectoral) training opportunities based on identified needs.
The steering group has identified and agreed a number of priorities for cross-sectoral training for 2012 including: Introduction to People Management, Managing for Excellent Customer Service and Teaching Skills for Library Staff.
In addition, LIEM's highly acclaimed leadership programme 'Motivate, Learn, Lead' will be delivered again in 2012/13.
Training Group members:
Head of Learning Resources, Lincoln College
Training & Development Officer, Derbyshire County Council
Systems Co-ordinator, NERC Library Service, British Geological Survey
Regional Librarian, LIEM
Contracts & Quality Manager, NHS Midlands and East
Chris Powis (Chair)
Head of Library and Learning Services, University of Northampton