Training and development programme
Information about LIEM's current training and development programme can be accessed below.
Further course-specific details and booking forms can be accessed through LIEM's home page in the 'News and Events' section.
If you would like to be contacted when places become available for a particular course, please contact us.
Training events in 2013:
The Effective Manager will help you develop confidence and leadership behaviours. It will be especially helpful for people considering management as a next career step. As a result of this training, you will:
• Build confidence in a ‘managing through influence’ role
• Recognise how working relationships may need to differ when you are a ‘manager’
• Increase your personal influence and build working relationships with people you lead or manage
• Identify personal strategies for a smooth transition into a management role
Date: Friday 7th June, 2013
Venue: The Creative Business Depot, Leicester
Cost: £100.00 per person for LIEM member organisations and £145.00 for non-members.
Promoting Reading - a practical introduction to reader development
Promoting Reading aims to introduce some of the key principles of reader development and offers practical ideas for how these techniques might be applied in an educational, healthcare or working environment. The training day is aimed at library staff working in higher and further education, 6th form colleges and schools, prisons and health organisations.
This stimulating, interactive and informal day will:
• Enable a greater understanding of the principles of reader development
• Motivate participants to develop this work in their own setting
• Encourage sharing of good practice to support further development
• Provide a range of techniques for engaging with readers
• Consider the impact of reading and how to evaluate effectively
This course was last run on February 27th 2013 and is to be repeated in May (fully booked)
Past course details: Promoting Reading - an practical introduction to reader development
"Singing from the Rooftops” – the essentials of advocacy, marketing and promotion.
This very practical training day is an introduction to advocacy, marketing and promotion; it is appropriate for participants from the Libraries, Culture, Information, Heritage, Leisure and Education sectors.
It will equip front-line staff supervisors, managers and anyone with marketing, promotional or communications responsibility with tried and tested techniques to strengthen the market position, create appropriate service offers and effectively deliver an advocacy case to appropriate targets.
Date: Wednesday 15th May, 2013
Venue: Leicester Creative Business Depot, Leicester
Cost: £90 for LIEM member organisations / £130 for staff from non-member organisations
Delivering Excellent Customer Service
The quality of customer service is an essential element in an organisation’s reputation and success. LIEM is offering this one-day training event aimed at staff working in library, information and archives services to help them:
• Gain confidence and skills in dealing with internal and external customers
• Build a rapport with customers and get to the root of an enquiry or problem
• Follow best practice when making and receiving calls
• Be assertive in managing a situation and achieving solutions
• Present a positive image of their organisation at all times
This is the third time LIEM has offered this training; feedback from previous particpants indluded these comments:
"It was good to meet and work with peers outside my own situation"
"A very enjoyable and rewarding day - very informative in an informal setting"
This course was held on March 5th and April 19th, 2013
Course details: Delivering Excellent Customer Service 19th April 2013 - flyer
Organisations exist in an environment of rapid and continuous change involving demanding situations where stress is part of everyday lives. Managers and employees need effective strategies to handle stress and uncertainty positively, to enable them to contribute to organisational success. This workshop provides a safe environment for participants to discuss how they are affected and to explore tools and techniques to build resilience.
What will the workshop cover?
This half day event will help you to:
• Recognise what causes stress
• Understand the emotions we experience at times of change
• Be resilient when facing uncertainty
• Identify ways to be pro-active and look after yourself
• Be aware of support available
This was held on Wednesday 6th March, 2013
Course details: Building Resilience - half day workshop 6th March 2013