Reading 4 Life
The Reading 4 Life group was formed in 2010 to continue the work of the highly successful EMRALD Group. Background information about the EMRALD group and it's activities can be found here
The Reading 4 Life group's role is to
- strengthen links between library staff across the EM region who support the creative reading agenda and its current links to health and well being through reading, listening, story telling and reminiscing.
- share and build on the knowledge and expertise of these staff in creating effective partnerships.
- establish a framework for regional co-operation and collaborative working towards agreed shared outcomes evidencing the impact of reading, in particular in relation to the health and wellbeing agenda
- plan, deliver and evaluate high quality, relevant region-wide reader promotions
- increase awareness of national offers, initiatives and agendas relevant to reading
- identify training needs and opportunities for staff
- encourage and develop opportunities for partnership working with other agencies
In November 2011 the Reading 4 Life group organised and delivered a region wide skills sharing event to bring together colleagues from across the East Midlands to share experiences and good practice. More information about the skills share day including posters and workshop feedback is available here.
June 2015 update: although the group is not currently meeting, members keep in regular contact with each other and also can be contacted via the LIEM office.
Terms of reference: