Reading 4 Life
The Reading 4 Life group was formed in 2010 to continue the work of the highly successful EMRALD Group. Background information about the EMRALD group and it's activities can be found here
Each of the region's public library authorities has a representative on the group and current members include:
The group is convened by the Regional Librarian Lynn Hodgkins on behalf of the East Midlands Society of Chief Librarians.
The Reading 4 Life group's role is to
- strengthen links between library staff across the EM region who support the creative reading agenda and its current links to health and well being through reading, listening, story telling and reminiscing.
- share and build on the knowledge and expertise of these staff in creating effective partnerships.
- establish a framework for regional co-operation and collaborative working towards agreed shared outcomes evidencing the impact of reading, in particular in relation to the health and wellbeing agenda
- plan, deliver and evaluate high quality, relevant region-wide reader promotions
- increase awareness of national offers, initiatives and agendas relevant to reading
- identify training needs and opportunities for staff
- encourage and develop opportunities for partnership working with other agencies
The Terms of Reference can be seen below.
From 2012 the group will meet three times each year.
In November 2011 the Reading 4 Life group organised and delivered a region wide skills sharing event to bring together colleagues from across the East Midlands to share experiences and good practice. More information about the skills share day including posters and workshop feedback is available here.
Marie Timbrell, Manager- Marketing Reading: Marie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Trisha Hill, Reader and Stock Development Manager: Trisha.email@example.com
Balwinder Dhaliwal Senior Community Librarian: Balwinder.firstname.lastname@example.org
John Martin, Development Librarian: John.email@example.com
Gary Nugent, Collections Access Team Leader: Gary.firstname.lastname@example.org
Jane Brierley, Development Librarian: Jane.email@example.com
Sheelagh Gallagher, Reader Development Officer: Sheelagh.firstname.lastname@example.org
Kirsty Blyth, Team Manager, Library Service Development Kirsty.email@example.com
Pam Beever, Reader Services Librarian: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lynn Hodgkins, Regional Librarian: Lynn.email@example.com
Writing East Midlands
Catherine Rogers, Project Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org